An Arborist report is a written assessment of a tree that generally speaking, covers the tree’s health, identifies any issues that require further investigation and outlines a management plan covering any actions required.
An Arborist report is typically prepared by an AQF Level 5 Arborist who has the requisite knowledge and skill to write a comprehensive assessment and provide recommendations to local councils, government, developers and private property owners. The assessment is usually done from ground level by eye, employing visual tree assessment (VTA) techniques.
What Does The Assessment Include?
The assessment normally includes things like:
- Immediate and future hazard potential to people or property
- The tree’s overall amenity value, such as habitat, screening and significance of the tree to the area
- The particular tree species tolerance to development, for example root disturbance
- The tree’s current condition and its projected future health
- Site assessment – type of soil, available sunlight, environmental conditions, number and variety of surrounding trees
- Recommendation for removal or management depending on the individual circumstances
- Recommendations for tree protection zones (TPZ)
- Recommendations for use of equipment around trees to avoid any soil compaction and damage
When Is An Arborist Report Required?
An Arborist report may be required in a number of circumstances such as:
- To support a development application where building works are to be carried out
- To carry out work on a protected tree or if you want to have a tree removed
- To assess the health of a tree and identify any issues
- To provide a tree management plan
- Tree valuation
- Root mapping
- Tree risk assessment
- Where there is a dispute over trees between neighbouring properties
Your individual requirements will determine the level of detail that is required for the report and prices will vary accordingly. If the report is being done for a potential development application you may pay more as there will normally be a higher level of research and investigation required.
If you’ve determined you need to have an Arborist report done, start by finding an experienced, qualified Arborist for the job, preferably a Consulting Arborist who is considered an expert in the field. Consulting Arborists have at least five years post-graduate experience in arboricultural practices and have attained a diploma level qualifications in Arboriculture study. Ensure they have a thorough understanding of what you require, and they should provide you with a free quote to complete the report. The quote should detail exactly what will be covered off in the report, as well as the expected time frame for completion. Once you’ve agreed to the price and detail of the report, the Arborist should then meet with you on-site to evaluate the tree or trees, as it’s not good practice to do a report from a photo. The Arborist will then compile their report and you can submit to whoever needs to assess it.
Getting An Arborist Report In Brisbane
If you need to get an Arborist report, look no further than Aussie Tree Solutions. Our fully qualified Consulting Arborists will discuss your requirements and provide a free, no-obligation quote for a professional, comprehensive report. Call our friendly team on (07) 3351 1722 today.